Getting Ready To Go!

Today I finished my last final of junior year of college. I am officially a senior, and wow college has gone by fast. After attending the pre-departure study abroad meeting, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to pack, but boy is it daunting! In speaking to a friend about her study abroad experience, I learned that it is going to be quite hot during my time in France. ("J'ai chaud" will be a term I am sure I will use a lot). She advised me to bring dresses, cute tank tops and skirts, and that's about it! Considering I will be doing yoga practices abroad, I will definitely need to bring my favorite yoga pants, and a portable mat. I am beyond excited to go abroad. The next few weeks will just be pure preparation: cognitively, emotionally, and, of course, physically gathering everything that I need. I absolutely cannot wait to meet my host family that I will be living with for a month. Everyone who I've talked with about their study abroad experience told me it's a lovely gesture to give your host family a small gift as you arrive, so today I am going to the OSU Beaver Store and will pick out something fun that I believe represents my university and the American college life. As I prepare myself to go abroad, I have some internal expectations that will either be met or be vastly different than my pre-conceived ideas. I've been to France before (specifically Paris, Nice, and Avignon), so I have a little insight of what the culture is, but I have never done yoga in any other country, and I am sure that my idea of what French culture is will greatly alter in my abroad.

Music is a huge part of my life, and the music I listen to while abroad will be salient in my memory. I will be incorporating this into my posts, as I will listen to music from America to remind myself of home and discover new French music to fully immerse myself. When I listen to an artist as I embark on a new journey, the song is ingrained in my heart, soul, and body as a connection with that experience. To this day, when I listen to certain songs, I feel these remarkable connections to beautiful moments in my life. I expect this adventure to be similar, and I will make sure to connect my readers with the tunes playing into my ears. I can't wait to share this experience with you all. Stay posted!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga in Paris!

Welcome To My Blog!

So wake me up when it's all over...